Thread: Incorporating Iceland and Greenland as state

Incorporating Iceland and Greenland as state

Hi all,

I formed Scandinavia as sweden, and got the danish colonies. I got the 1% of bureaucrats, but incorporating iceland/greenland costs a whopping 1143 colonial power! anybody any idea why that is? it's not like those polar regions are heaviliy populated (those 4 provinces ranging from 200 to 20k inhabitants)

thanks in advance!

I think the state is placed in the North America. That means that it's on a different region and gets a multiplier to the colonial power cost based on that. Not sure though.

Would be odd if iceland were a part of America if you'd ask me, but even if it was 1143 Colonial power is ridiculous for those pretty empty regions

Quote Originally Posted by Begy6 View Post
    Would be odd if iceland were a part of America if you'd ask me, but even if it was 1143 Colonial power is ridiculous for those pretty empty regions
    I think Iceland's considered a part of North America since Iceland and Greenland are both in the same region (Iceland and Greenland) and that region's considered part of North America. So you'd end up either with Iceland being a part of America or Greenland a part of Europe; they probably went with the former since Iceland's smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by SovereignGrave View Post
    I think Iceland's considered a part of North America since Iceland and Greenland are both in the same region (Iceland and Greenland) and that region's considered part of North America. So you'd end up either with Iceland being a part of America or Greenland a part of Europe; they probably went with the former since Iceland's smaller.
    I think you have the two mixed up, Greenland is apart of North America and Iceland is apart of europe
    Playing Dieter Von Jacobi of the Alliance in the conclave in avindian's interactive AAR. Sonderweg Oder Anderweg
    Commander of the irregular bogans and the elite paratrooping squadron in the victoria 2 forums revolt
    From jacobi

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobi-99 View Post
    I think you have the two mixed up, Greenland is apart of North America and Iceland is apart of europe
    He's talking about in-game. He's saying that Iceland and Greenland are in the same region in-game thus you either have to make both North American or European. He's not saying that Greenland is part of Europe and Iceland is part of North America.
    Civil war™ is a registered trademark of the Roman Empire of the East. All rights reserved.
    We need Chalcedonian Christianity in 769 A.D. instead of Catholic/Orthodox split for Crusader Kings II. Copy and paste this into your signature if you agree!

So I would never be able to make them states? Kinda odd considering it's not too far away

Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: Warband500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Begy6 View Post
    So I would never be able to make them states? Kinda odd considering it's not too far away
    No you can make them states; you just need to build/upgrade your ports so that you have enough colonial points to make them into states.
    Nicht durch Reden und Majoritätsbeschlüsse werden die großen Fragen der Zeit entschieden — das ist der große Fehler von 1848 und 1849 gewesen — sondern durch Eisen und Blut.
    ~Otto von Bismarck

Lieber tot als rot!

Quote Originally Posted by DBtotalwar View Post
    No you can make them states; you just need to build/upgrade your ports so that you have enough colonial points to make them into states.
    And your navy is a big part of that as well
    Playing Dieter Von Jacobi of the Alliance in the conclave in avindian's interactive AAR. Sonderweg Oder Anderweg
    Commander of the irregular bogans and the elite paratrooping squadron in the victoria 2 forums revolt
    From jacobi