Thread: My Greece crisis

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

My Greece crisis

Playing as Greece i started crisis for 1 of my core provinces in ottoman hands ,
    UK my sphere leader -trusty ally and 200 opinion of me backs the Ottomans ?
    Russia picks my side but then when crisis reaches its boiling point they decide to give the Ottomans Georgia

Is this normal ?
    seems pretty retarded imo

The UK cares more about the Ottomans being a counterweight to Russia than your wishes as an insignificant little sphereling.

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    I can't say for sure, but it seems like Russia was for whatever reason chosen to be the first person that was offered the option to back you, so UK never got a chance to back you.

I am fairly sure that the United Kingdom is hard-coded to give very heavy weight to supporting the Ottoman Empire in crises. At game-start, the United Kingdom also has a much bigger military score than any other power, which is how the AI estimates military capability (even though it isn't very accurate). As a result, early Greek crises usually result with a) United Kingdom backing the Ottomans, b) one of France, Russia, or Austria backing you, and c) them backing down for a silly loss.

This changes only whoever backs you has a good alliance. The best one is Russia-France, it's relatively common. France will back Russia often enough the United Kingdom is more likely to back down. If Russia and France don't ally in the early-game, you may as well restart Greek games. Frankly, Greece games end up being 90% luck anyway. You're massively dependent on how crises go. I've had all of the Greek cores, including those from the Megali Idea, by 1880 before. I've also had no successful crises by 1900. You can't rely manipulate crises very reliably.

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

well, apparantly Russia decided it wanted its georgia cores back , in fact destroying ottoman military ,
    which gave me oppurtunity to get all greek cores with some help from UK 1 year later ,
    all is well

Quote Originally Posted by ethuo View Post
    Playing as Greece i started crisis for 1 of my core provinces in ottoman hands ,
    UK my sphere leader -trusty ally and 200 opinion of me backs the Ottomans ?
    Russia picks my side but then when crisis reaches its boiling point they decide to give the Ottomans Georgia

Is this normal ?
    seems pretty retarded imo
    The crisis system was being "abused" by Greece, so they hardcoded the UK to not help Greece because it was happening too often that Greece got all of her cores. Which, to me, represents not that it needs a hardcoded patch, but an actual fix to the system.
    Co-Founder of the MLCP Project! Don't know what that is? Well, it's:
    My Little Crusader Pony!
    NOTE: No playable build, ergo: broken link.