+ Reply to Thread

Thread: what exactly is this game?

what exactly is this game?

I am intrigued by games with old school style graphics. I tried looking for information about this series but haven't found anything useful. Could someone please explain maybe what this series is about?

Coffee! Paradox Support Rep
    89 games registered

200k clubCrusader Kings IICK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventMagicka: Wizard Wars Starter WizardMagicka: Wizard Wars Founder WizardMagicka: Wizard Wars IMPressive FounderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne
    EUIV: Art of WarCrusader Kings II: Way of LifeEUIV: El Dorado

This is from the KoPP II page itself:

Knights of Pen & Paper 2
    Prepare to inhabit a world of chivalry, class warfare and off-beat pop references. Knights of Pen & Paper 2 is a turn-based, retro style, pixel-art adventure full of danger, intrigue, death, and saving throws! Players assume the role of a group of teenagers, playing a classic pen & paper RPG to overcome dicey situations. As both party and game master, they get to assemble both their characters, and the challenges they will face. Select among mighty classes like Wizard, Thief or Warrior; proud races like Dwarf or Elf; and snark-slinging players like Goth, Lab Rat or Rocker. Choose quests and combat encounters, delve dungeons, craft powerful items and watch in horror as your muscle-packed barbarian rolls a one on his body check. Together, face the greatest threat the campaign world has ever faced: The new rules edition.

Main features:

The ultimate role-playing simulation - again!
    Fully customizable party, from the players to the game room
    Expanded equipment- and crafting systems
    JRPG-style, turn-based combat full of tactical options
    All-new campaign featuring dozens of pixel-art locations and bundles of side-quests
    Dynamically generated dungeon raids
    I think you can kinda compare it with a 'virtual' party playing DnD (Dungeons and Dragons). You are the party leader, and guide your party through the game with its own storyline.
    Need support? Open a thread in our forums, send me a private message or contact our improved helpdesk at https://paradox.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

When I am writing in this color, I do so as a Moderator.
    Please listen and do not react to it directly. Instead send me a Private Message.

Play Like A Champion Today Yakman's Avatar
    Deus Vult500k club

Blog Entries
    that's an... i dunno how that's gonna work out.
    "Again again I say to you, Yakman speaketh the truth. -Petrarca
    Art is a lie which makes us realize the truth -- Pablo Picasso
    ++ -1000, History-Forum Banned 5 january 2006 ++ OT-Forum Banned 8 may 2007 ++
    OT-Unbanned 24 may 2014

It was a cell phone game that got ported to the PC.
    Fun but simple. Unlike other Paradox games that are by no means simple.

+ Reply to Thread