Thread: Can't Justify War Bug

Can't Justify War Bug

A few weeks ago i re-installed Victoria 2, with the newest patch, and also installed the Pop Demand Mod. The game worked normally until the early 1900's. Ive played as multiple countries and it always seems that around the early 1900's i can no longer justify war with any country. Whenever i click on justify war the tab is completely empty. I know this is a bug because its happened 3 or 4 times in multiple playthroughs, and has nothing to do with whatever country or ruling party i have in place. This completely ruins the playthrough i have going because i can no longer declare war on anyone. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks.

Questions about PDM should be directed to the proper subforum. Also, I suppose you have been in a Great War before. This gives you the "no more war" modifier, preventing you from justifying most wargoals.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneCities: Skylines

Could also be having a pacifist ruling party.
    I can forgive, but i can´t forget. Still one day, AE and badboy decay, and so do bad feelings.

And luckily the reality has no advertising budget...

Commander of the 1st South German Jäger-Regiment, in the Victoria II forum jacobin revolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Chbingle View Post
    A few weeks ago i re-installed Victoria 2, with the newest patch, and also installed the Pop Demand Mod. The game worked normally until the early 1900's. Ive played as multiple countries and it always seems that around the early 1900's i can no longer justify war with any country. Whenever i click on justify war the tab is completely empty. I know this is a bug because its happened 3 or 4 times in multiple playthroughs, and has nothing to do with whatever country or ruling party i have in place. This completely ruins the playthrough i have going because i can no longer declare war on anyone. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks.
    Hmm..I had this problem also, I also think it`s related to "no more war" modifier or pacifist policy.

Try to remember, did one of your satellites break free and when you got a pop up with a few options did you chose to declare war and make them a satellite again ? I think it`s related to that pop up.

Someone who wasn`t lazy and registred their game should post it in the POD forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Shatterfury View Post
    Hmm..I had this problem also, I also think it`s related to "no more war" modifier or pacifist policy.

Try to remember, did one of your satellites break free and when you got a pop up with a few options did you chose to declare war and make them a satellite again ? I think it`s related to that pop up.

Someone who wasn`t lazy and registred their game should post it in the POD forum.
    No, none of my satellites broke free, however the last war i fought was a great war. Why would that make it impossable for me to justify other wars though? And my government has been communist and conservative and i still cant justify a war against any country

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneCities: Skylines

Quote Originally Posted by Chbingle View Post
    No, none of my satellites broke free, however the last war i fought was a great war. Why would that make it impossable for me to justify other wars though? And my government has been communist and conservative and i still cant justify a war against any country
    PDM gives you a modifier so you can´t justify a war for soem years after fighting a great war.
    I can forgive, but i can´t forget. Still one day, AE and badboy decay, and so do bad feelings.

And luckily the reality has no advertising budget...

Commander of the 1st South German Jäger-Regiment, in the Victoria II forum jacobin revolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarius1997 View Post
    PDM gives you a modifier so you can´t justify a war for soem years after fighting a great war.
    Ahh thanks for the info! I posted about it twice in the PDM mod fourms so i figured it was a glitch but i guess not, thanks!

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club

How many years because I have this same issue and I am pretty sure I waited a decade or so now.
    Nationality: Anglo Canadian, Ukrainian, Russian, and German.
    Religion: Eastern Orthodox
    Political Party: People's Party of Canada
    Policies: State Economy, Moralist, Protectionist, Pro Military, and Limited citizenship
    Militanicy and Conscionness: Over the limit and 7
    Catch line: What could possibly go wrong?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneImpireVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of WarCrusader Kings II: Way of LifeCities: Skylines

Quote Originally Posted by Spazcat91 View Post
    How many years because I have this same issue and I am pretty sure I waited a decade or so now.
    I thought it was 10 years, but I don't have the files in front of me

Edit: Yes, 10 years for the No More War modifier

http://popdemandmod.wikia.com/wiki/Great_Wars
    10 centuries in 5 minutes: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rvlp7cBWwIw

200 Countries, 200 Years, 4 Minutes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbkSRLYSojo

True size of Africa http://static02.mediaite.com/geekosy...-of-africa.jpg

Did the Anglo-Saxon "invasion" actually happen? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoA9UmM0pok