Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [HoD] Divided We Stand (Balkanized North America)

Great job, I've always wanted to do a world conquest as South Carolina.

Question:

Why does "Empire" start with no standing units and army? By the time I finally manage to build my first stack of infantry the Manhattan Commune, Massachusetts, and Vermont have something like, 12, 16, 14 stacks respectively, or thereabouts.
    “The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age. " - HP Lovecraft, "The Call of Cthulhu"

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIRome Gold
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by gutshotjak View Post
    I would play it more if they where combined. I also till think a balkanized world would be awesome *wink wink nudge nudge*
    I second this!
    "I am a dummy-file.
    I'm here to ensure that the mod directory is created.

I have done my task, yay me!"

I would definitely play this mod more if it was bundled with NNM.

Forgetful troubadour Cèsar de Quart's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

El Pont de Mar Blava (Barcelona - Montpellier)
    I like the concept, but I don't like the excessive balkanization. I'd like a more plausible balkanization. Something like New England, the Maritimes, some kind of failed Jeffersonian Union of the Pacific remains centered in California, the Federation of the Carolinas, the Columbian States (centered around Pennsylvania, upstate New York, Maryland and New Jersey), the Union of the Two Floridas, the remains of French Louisiana, Indian confederations like the Lakota-Cheyenne, the Apaches, Comanches and the so-called Indiana Confederation, Charlotina in the Lakes, Vandalia and Transylvania...

You know, the usual alt-history US stuff.

I'll give this a try nonetheless, it has potential for fun!

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Curious about Michigan's flag.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III
    Iron CrossVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    Europa Universalis IV

Uhh, is there an AHD version, or did I miss that boat/there never was a boat for it?
    Bucking the Trend - An Equestrian AHD AAR Third Place Winner of the AARland Choice AwAARds 2012 (Round 3) Weekly AAR Showcase-November 18th

Character WritAAR of the Week! 3/10/13

Check out my new AAR (While willpower lasts), about an American gal fighting in the 2nd US Civil War!
    Cathleen

Raise ur 2hus!

Quote Originally Posted by Onikujo View Post
    Uhh, is there an AHD version, or did I miss that boat/there never was a boat for it?
    There never was a boat, I'm sorry.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III
    Iron CrossVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    Europa Universalis IV

Ah, well... such is the fate of those stuck on AHD I suppose.

Woe! Woe is me! Woe!
    Bucking the Trend - An Equestrian AHD AAR Third Place Winner of the AARland Choice AwAARds 2012 (Round 3) Weekly AAR Showcase-November 18th

Check out my new AAR (While willpower lasts), about an American gal fighting in the 2nd US Civil War!
    Cathleen

Raise ur 2hus!

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I am most amused by the inclusion of the Yooper Party.

So, are there plans to make the various unions create able?
    Nationality: New Netherlander
    Religion: Protestant
    Ideology: Social Liberal
    Issues: Freedom, Equality
    Cash Reserves: $100
    Revolt Risk: +100
    Militancy: 0
    Consciousness: 10

Quote Originally Posted by ffff View Post
    So, are there plans to make the various unions create able?
    Yes! We're also working on creating custom cultures and rolling the whole package into the last release of the NNM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraNoise View Post
    Yes! We're also working on creating custom cultures and rolling the whole package into the last release of the NNM.
    Great! Looking forward to it.
    Nationality: New Netherlander
    Religion: Protestant
    Ideology: Social Liberal
    Issues: Freedom, Equality
    Cash Reserves: $100
    Revolt Risk: +100
    Militancy: 0
    Consciousness: 10

Europa Universalis IV

Are there supposed to be events or decisions for forming the larger nations?

Because I never get anything. Played as Mass and conquered all of New England. Nothing.

Played as Georgia, conquered most of the south, nothing.

Same with Cascade.

Cathleen

Raise ur 2hus!

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIRome Gold
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Any updates on the progress of the mod?
    "I am a dummy-file.
    I'm here to ensure that the mod directory is created.

I have done my task, yay me!"

Hey guys I downloaded your mod and I think its awesome so I'm putting this to help try and bump you back up to the front page. Plus I was able to get the unification events to work(for myself), as well as changed some of the criteria, and added the Pacifican Culture. I'm not sure if you want to use it but if you want to I'd love to help.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

This is an amazingly cool-looking mod, but why does Texas start out with no soldiers? That seems a bit odd.

EDIT: In fact, how are you even able to survive as Texas? The second I try to expand arkansas or lousiane are there with 60 thousand troops each (because they can raise that sort of money via their reactionary parties) and just bowl over everything.
    Last edited by GoldenKahn; 19-03-2014 at 19:55.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Wouldn't it be nice to alter these straight borders to something more natural?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedEuropa Universalis IV

Good job with this mod.
    You know, I made a similair mod myself, which is just about the american states. We done all except 2 or 3 maybe? You might want to consider integrating parts of my mod into yours?
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...tates-playable

If anyone wanted to see what a game as the Western States Faction(Communists) was like....2014-03-30_00002.jpg2014-03-30_00003.jpg2014-03-30_00004.jpg2014-03-30_00005.jpg

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast