Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 27 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Heart of Darkness Empire!

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaEUIV: Art of WarEUIV: El Dorado

Here's my Dutch Empire in 1887. A war involving all the GPs in Europe just broke out from a crisis over Southern Serbia. Let's see how well Germany fights on 3 fronts: we have better tech than France, Austria, and Russia, and the UK and I should be able to easily kick France out of Africa.

When and how do Great Wars get unlocked, by the way?

Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: Warband500k club

Great Wars are invented by technology, and start by at least 2 GPs on either side. And it should be around 1890.
    Nicht durch Reden und Majoritätsbeschlüsse werden die großen Fragen der Zeit entschieden — das ist der große Fehler von 1848 und 1849 gewesen — sondern durch Eisen und Blut.
    ~Otto von Bismarck

Lieber tot als rot!

Commander: Conquest of the Americas

Blog Entries
    Random event shortly after 1890.

Code:
    	trigger = {
    		great_wars_enabled = no
    		NOT = { has_global_flag = great_wars_enabled }
    		revolution_n_counterrevolution = 1
    		year = 1890
    	}

mean_time_to_happen = {
    		months = 8
    	}
    “Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.”

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpire
    Leviathan: WarshipsMagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    War of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsEUIV: Art of War
    EUIV: El Dorado

Quote Originally Posted by calvinhobbeslik View Post
    Here's my Dutch Empire in 1887. A war involving all the GPs in Europe just broke out from a crisis over Southern Serbia. Let's see how well Germany fights on 3 fronts: we have better tech than France, Austria, and Russia, and the UK and I should be able to easily kick France out of Africa.

Oh my god! Look at North America! What the hell happen???
    It has been said that history repeats itself.

“The more you know about the past, the better prepared you are for the future.” ~ Teddy Roosevelt
    “A generation which ignores history has no past and no future.” ~ Robert Heinlein
    “I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past.” ~ Thomas Jefferson
    “What is history? An echo of the past in the future; a reflex from the future on the past” ~ Victor Hugo
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” ~ George Santayana
    “History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce.” ~ Karl Marx
    “And history with all her volumes vast, Hath but one page.” ~ Lord Byron
    Goodbye East vs West. You're not forgotten!
    The glow! Aaah! The wonderful glow! Can you not see it, General?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Not too impressive but I never got commies this early in the game before.

The Commie Aussies gonna take over Africa

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of Darkness
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Communists in Australia? Never.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: El DoradoCities: Skylines

Cool Romania

Here is my first game in HOD as Romania starting in the House Divided scenario:

Germany collapsed around 1922 via rebels after a devastating great war against France, Italy, and Russia with a collapsed Austria and the U.K. Poland came into existence by way of a crisis in the 1880's and has been growing ever since. Hungary was my little creation after a war with Austria using the "free country" CB.
    All the crises to get my cores back failed, so i had to war with Austria, O.E., and Russia, who was caught in a war with China at the time, to get them.

Surprisingly Australia AND Canada are great powers!

Russia fell to a Fascist revolution in the last year. World war inevitable?
    Last edited by jcinq4; 19-04-2013 at 04:14.

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourIron CrossMarch of the EaglesVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne
    EUIV: Art of WarCrusader Kings II: Way of LifeEUIV: El Dorado

Quote Originally Posted by jcinq4 View Post
    Here is my first game in HOD as Romania starting in the House Divided scenario:
    Who owns that territory between Italy and France?

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: El DoradoCities: Skylines

That would be the U.K.

Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Victoria is ousted from the throne! *game instantly crashes*

Nicht durch Reden und Majoritätsbeschlüsse werden die großen Fragen der Zeit entschieden — das ist der große Fehler von 1848 und 1849 gewesen — sondern durch Eisen und Blut.
    ~Otto von Bismarck

Lieber tot als rot!

I was so worried someone might beat me to posting the first shot of Yugoslavia! I love the colour.

Click for larger version:

I started as Serbia in 1836. Got knocked around a lot by the Ottoman Empire and Austria and lost more than my fair share of wars, but survived somehow. The crisis mechanics were a bit hit-and-miss. I got Albania and Ottoman Montenegro in a normal war. Russia's my BFF; been like that for most of the game. At one point I took Slavonia and Croatia from Austria, but they got them back again just after the Ottomans trounced me in another war. This screenshot is just after I got the crown from the gutter event thanks to Montenegro. I have no idea what I did to deserve it, but I was very pleasantly surprised. My fascist ruling party will have to roll back all those free 'democracy' reforms of course, but the cores and accepted cultures should be worth it.

Note the American Aegean Islands, Dutch Libya/Egypt, France in Italy, the Ionian Peloponese and the atrocity that is independent Danzig. Germany only formed in the 1900s after some minor German state had a pan-German revolution.
    Add over 400 authentic province pictures to Hearts of Iron 3: [PPIM] Province Picture Immersion Mod
    Play a Hearts of Iron 3 game that makes sense: [HPP] Historical Plausibility Project

One of my friends posted this on Steam:

War over those islands! xD
    ~Otto von Bismarck

Lieber tot als rot!

Quote Originally Posted by DBtotalwar View Post

You know WWI is just about Serbian Nationalism ! x)

Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayX3 View Post
    Yep; as well as Slavic nationalism as a whole.
    ~Otto von Bismarck

Lieber tot als rot!

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesRise of Prussia
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayX3 View Post
    And the very existence of Austria-Hungary as a great power... I can't imagine a few islands in the Pacific holding the same weight.
    پادشاه عالم پناه

Victoria best game ever btw. - Enewald, plus everyone else.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    EUIV: Res PublicaEUIV: Art of WarEUIV: El Dorado

Well, it seems that one can abuse the colonial system even more in HoD than AHD, since I was able to colonize almost all of Africa in 5 years...UK is just now researching Breech Loaded Rifles, which is why they weren't competing

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of Darkness
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by DBtotalwar View Post

I would start WW3 to claim the islands where both hot chocolate and Santa come from.

Well, it should'nt have happend like this... The first 3 CB I've justified got me almost full BB, then I went crazy since no GP would move even if I cut through their spherelings. It is stil early game so I'm thinking about Persia...Ottoman Empire... Austria ?

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

India would be nice.
    Last edited by videonfan; 21-04-2013 at 13:06.
    [22:23:51] <Groogy> Mathrim, give it to me gently
    What Crusader Kings 2 makes you say:
    [19:23:43] <Duke> I just need my damn wife to die
    [19:23:48] <Duke> Then I can invade and take their shit

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

You have to take India now. Unite ALL of Asia.
    [Insert whitty comment here followed by chuckles and admiration for me.]

Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 27 52 ... LastLast