Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Victoria 2 Wiki

I fully endorse this project, and will probably have some stuff to add once I buy HoD and play some V2 again.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    EUIV: Art of War

I have had a proposal from a forumite to host the Victoria II Wiki and get it linked with the CK II Wiki and EU IV Wiki. We would enjoy a better hosting - free - plan with better tools and also profit from the host's know-how. I am discussing this with him and I'll get back to you
    VIVE LE QUÉBEC LIBRE !

«Votre empire est une vieille catin habituée à se faire violer par tout le monde [...] Vous oubliez que la France est victorieuse» (Napoléon aux plénipotentiaires autrichiens)

Heir to the ThroneEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Hey Wiki editers ! The Wiki has moved with the CKII Wiki and EU4 Wiki.

Here is the new URL : http://victoria2wiki.com

Everything article has moved, including your user page.
    Last edited by Niptium; 16-04-2013 at 19:02.
    VIVE LE QUÉBEC LIBRE !

«Votre empire est une vieille catin habituée à se faire violer par tout le monde [...] Vous oubliez que la France est victorieuse» (Napoléon aux plénipotentiaires autrichiens)

Quote Originally Posted by Niptium View Post
    Hey Wiki editers ! The Wiki has moved with the CKII Wiki and EU4 Wiki.

Here is the new URL : http://www.victoria2wiki.com

Everything article has moved, including your user page.
    Though do note that logins did not carry over, so unless you've got an account on the CKII Wiki or the EU4 Wiki you'll have to register once more.
    Paradox Wikis - Information about all current games developed by Paradox Interactive
    [CKII Mod] Project Balance - Improves historical plausability, slows down blobbing, makes the game more interesting.
    [CKII Mod Project] Historical Immersion Project - A modular project consisting of Project Balance, SWMH, VIET, ARKOpack, and NBRT+

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMagicka
    Naval War: Arctic CircleRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More EditionEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamEUIV: Art of WarCrusader Kings II: Way of Life

Quote Originally Posted by Meneth View Post
    Though do note that logins did not carry over, so unless you've got an account on the CKII Wiki or the EU4 Wiki you'll have to register once more.
    But it got universal accounts so only need to create one for all three wikis

Edit: The link on the EU4 wiki footer is still pointing to the old Vicky2 wiki.
    Chirper Fanclub
    #SaveChirper
    "The best time in life is somewhere between the second and third martini."
    Al Pacino

Quote Originally Posted by Sn3ipen View Post
    But it got universal accounts so only need to create one for all three wikis
    Yep, I set up a shared account database roughly an hour ago, and ensured all the accounts on the EU4 wiki were properly carried over.
    Paradox Wikis - Information about all current games developed by Paradox Interactive
    [CKII Mod] Project Balance - Improves historical plausability, slows down blobbing, makes the game more interesting.
    [CKII Mod Project] Historical Immersion Project - A modular project consisting of Project Balance, SWMH, VIET, ARKOpack, and NBRT+

Edit: The link on the EU4 wiki footer is still pointing to the old Vicky2 wiki.
    It is pointing to victoria2wiki.com. As everything was imported from the shoutwiki, everything looks the same for the most part (though I've made some bits of the UI more compact).

It is pointing to victoria2wiki.com. As everything was imported from the shoutwiki, everything looks the same for the most part (though I've made some bits of the UI more compact).
    Please, do continue tweaking templates or tweaking the UI or the Main page. I have a lot of experience for editing Wikipedia articles, but very little coding skills.
    VIVE LE QUÉBEC LIBRE !

Quote Originally Posted by Niptium View Post
    Please, do continue tweaking templates or tweaking the UI or the Main page. I have a lot of experience for editing Wikipedia articles, but very little coding skills.
    The main page looks good; and a lot better than the EU4 wiki main page currently does :P

Would be nice with a proper logo on the top like the EU4 and CKII wikis have though.

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    Naval War: Arctic CircleRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More EditionEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamEUIV: Art of WarCrusader Kings II: Way of Life

Are there any posibilities to remove the spam protection when editing post for members with contributions and based on how long the user have been registered?
    Chirper Fanclub
    #SaveChirper
    Al Pacino

If you're going to have 3/4 games in there, please add HOI3 for completeness

Are there any posibilities to remove the spam protection when editing post for members with contributions and based on how long the user have been registered?
    I add people to the "autopatrol" usergroup after a few good edits. That makes them bypass the CAPTCHAs.
    Edit: Added you to the usergroup.

I add people to the "autopatrol" usergroup after a few good edits. That makes them bypass the CAPTCHAs.
    Edit: Added you to the usergroup.
    Thanks!
    Chirper Fanclub
    #SaveChirper
    Al Pacino

Thanks!
    No problem. The main point of the CAPTCHA system is to stop spambots after all, not legitimate editors.
    It is in fact extremely effective at preventing spam; I don't believe the CKII Wiki has gotten a single spam edit since I implemented it.
    A secondary benefit is also that the edits of anyone not in the autopatrol group are marked as "unpatrolled", so for people with the patrol privilege they're highlighted in the changelog until flagged as patrolled; this makes it a lot easier to spot vandalism by unregistered or newly registered users.

I've revised the category structure quite a bit now. Removed some redundant categories, and ensured every single page was categorized.
    Now all categories are in a hierarchy below a main Wiki category. This gives a good category tree which can be seen here.

I don't know why, but on this wiki and the CK2 one as well, clicking a link will sometimes download a file instead of going to the page.

Sometimes I can click the link and it will follow fine, sometimes it just decides that every link I click will download.

This happens to me on no other website or wiki.
    Come play Werewolf! Make new friends, then murder them!

Quote Originally Posted by Cymsdale View Post
    I don't know why, but on this wiki and the CK2 one as well, clicking a link will sometimes download a file instead of going to the page.

Sometimes I can click the link and it will follow fine, sometimes it just decides that every link I click will download.

This happens to me on no other website or wiki.
    That's got to be one of the stranger things I've ever heard. Sadly as this has never happened to me, there's not really much I can do about it.
    What sort of file does it try to download? The link itself?

That's got to be one of the stranger things I've ever heard. Sadly as this has never happened to me, there's not really much I can do about it.
    What sort of file does it try to download? The link itself?
    It is strange, I have no explanation for it.

Here is the content of one:

Code:
     / 
    X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff
    Content-Language: en
    Vary: Accept-Encoding,Cookie
    Expires: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
    Cache-Control: private, must-revalidate, max-age=0
    Content-Encoding: gzip
    Last-Modified: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 18:37:30 GMT
    Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
    X-Cache: MISS from localhost
    X-Cache-Lookup: MISS from localhost:3132
    Via: 1.0 localhost (squid/3.1.6)
    Proxy-Connection: close
    It's followed by a bunch of binary data.
    Come play Werewolf! Make new friends, then murder them!

I've hidden the toolbox for viewers that aren't logged in, as my stats show that almost no one uses it (and it isn't of much use to anyone except editors anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by Cymsdale View Post
    It is strange, I have no explanation for it.

Here is the content of one:

Code:
     / 
    X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff
    Content-Language: en
    Vary: Accept-Encoding,Cookie
    Expires: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
    Cache-Control: private, must-revalidate, max-age=0
    Content-Encoding: gzip
    Last-Modified: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 18:37:30 GMT
    Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
    X-Cache: MISS from localhost
    X-Cache-Lookup: MISS from localhost:3132
    Via: 1.0 localhost (squid/3.1.6)
    Proxy-Connection: close
    It's followed by a bunch of binary data.
    Looks like a cookie or some such to me. Check your cookie settings perhaps?
    Last edited by Meneth; 21-04-2013 at 13:29.

Right, so one possibility right now would be to put the content licensing of the wiki as CC BY-NC-SA 3.0.
    By the terms of this license we could then import everything from the Vicky 2 wiki on Paradoxian.
    Personally I'd prefer explicit permission from the Paradoxian admins, but my efforts to contact them have been fruitless.

Does this sound like a decent idea? It'd give us a much broader knowledge base to improve upon.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast