Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Victoria 2 Wiki

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    EUIV: Art of War

Victoria 2 Wiki

Since we can't really get new stuff added to the Paradoxian wikis, I created a new non profit wiki that you can find here. I set it up so everyone can edit.

EDIT : THE WIKI HAS MOVED

Victoria II wiki

I want to create something very similar to what's available on Vicky2wiki but up to date. Feel free to submit a new logo, or help in setting up categories and the infrastructure we need to have a great community wiki.

Victoria II wiki works under the Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 license (like Vicky2wiki does). So you can share the informations and reuse it, edit it as you wish (information is information after all), but you must give credit to the author of the text you are using/editing/sharing.

Style guides and Game Version compatibility

Please, very important : use the style guides for all articles and the one specific for national strategies so we make the best articles out there.

Most of all, DO specify for which version your article is up to date for by using this simple line at the top of your article :

{{Version|X}}

For example, if you are using the :
    • Base game (1.3) (sans expansion packs), then you will write: {{Version|1.3}}
    • A House Divided (2.31), then you will write: {{Version|1.3|2.31}}
    • Heart of Darkness (3.1), then you will write: {{Version|1.3|2.31|3.1}} <--- shouldn't be used as of now
    • If your strategy/article tested on A House Divided (2.31) isn't working for the Base game (1.3), you would have to use this code: {{Version|Unknown|2.31}}

Uploading Images

You can upload images on the Wiki to help visually improve articles. If you do, don't forget to categorize the image by using this simple code : [[Category:Image]] in the description of the image. That way, we will have an index of all the game-related images on the Wiki.
    Last edited by Niptium; 16-04-2013 at 20:03.
    VIVE LE QUÉBEC LIBRE !

«Votre empire est une vieille catin habituée à se faire violer par tout le monde [...] Vous oubliez que la France est victorieuse» (Napoléon aux plénipotentiaires autrichiens)

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    Warlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaEUIV: Art of War

Blog Entries
    Can we get this stickied?
    ALL FORUM POSTS ARE NOT SAVED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

ALSO CALL ME TEDDY. OR THENEWTEDDY. BUT TEDDY IDEALLY.

ALSO WHY ARE WE YELLING?

Quote Originally Posted by Niptium View Post
    Since we can't really get new stuff added to the Paradoxian wikis (...)
    Why? What happened?

Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: Warband500k club

I can write one on German unification...
    Nicht durch Reden und Majoritätsbeschlüsse werden die großen Fragen der Zeit entschieden — das ist der große Fehler von 1848 und 1849 gewesen — sondern durch Eisen und Blut.
    ~Otto von Bismarck

Lieber tot als rot!

can we write country strategies? and THANKS for making one! :-D

Heir to the ThroneEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Anyone who is willing to contribute is welcomed. I would suggest you guys check out the Style guide that we rushed copied from Vicky2wiki : http://en.victoria2.shoutwiki.com/wi...a_2_wiki:Style

Also for Nation Strategy Guides : http://en.victoria2.shoutwiki.com/wi...Strategy_Style
    VIVE LE QUÉBEC LIBRE !

«Votre empire est une vieille catin habituée à se faire violer par tout le monde [...] Vous oubliez que la France est victorieuse» (Napoléon aux plénipotentiaires autrichiens)

Quote Originally Posted by PDR1987 View Post
    Why? What happened?
    Registration was locked about 2 years ago due to spam bots, an then seemingly abandoned by the admins. Only people who already had accounts can make any changes to them.

ok Belgium's country guide is up may do another tomorrow

Cool. Maybe I will write some simple stuff, but perhaps it is best to wait for HoD. I reckon a lot of the guides will be outdated very soon..

Please, very important : use the style guides for all articles and the one specific for national strategies so we make the best articles out there. But most of all, DO specify for which version your article is up to date for by using this simple line at the top of your article :

{{Version|X}}

For example, if you are using the :

*Base game (1.3) (sans expansion packs), then you will write : {{Version|1.3}}
    *A House Divided (2.31), then you will write : {{Version|1.3|2.31}}
    *Heart of Darkness (3.1), then you will write : {{Version|1.3|2.31|3.1}} <--- shouldn't be used as of now
    Last edited by Niptium; 03-04-2013 at 03:21. Reason: links
    VIVE LE QUÉBEC LIBRE !

Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: Warband500k club

Why on the Belgian wiki it says that A House Divided is obsolete? And 1.3 current..?
    Nicht durch Reden und Majoritätsbeschlüsse werden die großen Fragen der Zeit entschieden — das ist der große Fehler von 1848 und 1849 gewesen — sondern durch Eisen und Blut.
    ~Otto von Bismarck

Lieber tot als rot!

I can't really make edits, but I can look around and check grammar and spelling. That's my strong suit.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I'm pretty new to the game, but I look forward to learning from this!

Quote Originally Posted by DBtotalwar View Post
    Why on the Belgian wiki it says that A House Divided is obsolete? And 1.3 current..?
    The template doesn't say that A house Divided is obsolete and the Base game current, it says that the article is obsolete FOR A House Divided but current for the 1.3 Base game version.

If you were to write an article for the current (2.31) version of A House Divided, you should use this small code if it works for the Base game (1.3) :

{{Version|1.3|2.31}}

But if your strategy/article tested on A House Divided (2.31) isn't working for the Base game (1.3), you would have to use this code :

{{Version|Unknown|2.31}}
    VIVE LE QUÉBEC LIBRE !

I have some basic info on Germany up and am working on the CB page as I type. I plan on working with a US guide to the best of my ability.

Is copypasting still releavant info from paradoxian wiki acceptable?

I can help on forming India...if nobody does

I would think that it would be considering of its Creative Commons License. There are certain things that are impossible not to use directly (Provinces page for example.)

Vicky2wiki works under the Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 license so is Victoria 2 Wiki. So you can share the informations and reuse it, edit it as you wish (information is information after all), but you must give credit to the author of the text you are using/editing/sharing at least in the summary describing the edit.

All in all, what is the most important aspect is sharing the information, that's what it's all about. I don't claim the information shared on Victoria 2 Wiki mine even if I create original content. Images, copyrights, game text all belong to Paradox Interactive.
    VIVE LE QUÉBEC LIBRE !

hey Niptium
    how did you add the 1.3 thing into my Belgium campaign guide, i was just wondering so that i can add it in for any others i write. thanks

also anyone who knows good mods should put links to them on the mod list page

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast