Thread: Allow POPs and factories to buy goods from national stockpile in the trade tab.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Allow POPs and factories to buy goods from national stockpile in the trade tab.

I recently discovered it in the trade tab where you can tick to allow your POPs and factories to buy from the national stockpile. What impact does it have? Is it a good idea to turn it on? I assume it means that they will buy first from national stockpile before importing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dron22 View Post
    I recently discovered it in the trade tab where you can tick to allow your POPs and factories to buy from the national stockpile. What impact does it have? Is it a good idea to turn it on? I assume it means that they will buy first from national stockpile before importing.
    Pops always buy first from your country's production. It is not necessary to stockpile anything for them. I usually don't allow pops and factories access to national stockpile to keep those pesky farmers off my soldier's clothes and other goods.

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

If you have stockpiled something like lumber, so you can build forts when you want, and your capitalists are trying to build railroads, but can't due to not being able to buy lumber, then you can click on it to let them buy from your stockpile rather than the market.

Its a bad idea to leave it clicked permanently but you can pause, allow them to buy, advance one day, pause and stop them buying. POPs will drain your stock very fast if you leave it turned on.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesVictoria: Revolutions

But if I have the National stockpile slider always on 100%, should I still worry?

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteRome GoldVictoria 2

Where you have the budget slider is irrelevant for this.

If you are setting trading to manual in some goods, there are occasions when it can be useful to allow capis to buy from your stockpile for a day at a time. If trading is on automatic you should never allow it.

Ok thanks for the advice, I usually leave all trade on automatic as I so far had no reason to do it on manual like I used to do in Victoria 1. In what situations would you have some trades set to manual for example?

Quote Originally Posted by Dron22 View Post
    Ok thanks for the advice, I usually leave all trade on automatic as I so far had no reason to do it on manual like I used to do in Victoria 1. In what situations would you have some trades set to manual for example?
    Vital goods that are only going to be intermittently available on the world market.

P. much. Buying a boatload of machine parts (and maybe some cement too) in advance is very useful for some nations like Japan who begin industrializing when those goods are in short supply (1850s-1870s).

Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

I wish you could set it for certain goods but not others. Hands off my liquor, you drunks!
    Cheers,
    Cromagnon

Hi.

Sorry I know this is a very old thread, but this was the closest one I clould find without starting a new thread.

I just bought this game so don't judge to harshly, though I've played lots of other Paradox games so I know the general outlay of them.

So I'm in my first game and I'm in a very large war right now and most of my trade is cut of, but I've built up a huge national stockpile of most materials. Still very many of my factories are going bankrupt because they can't get materials for their production but I have 2k of what most of them need in stockpile, but I can't find any way to give (or sell) it to them.

So where can I find this tick TC is talking about. I've got both major expansions, A House Divided and Heart of Darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by Otto117 View Post
    Hi.

Sorry I know this is a very old thread, but this was the closest one I clould find without starting a new thread.

I just bought this game so don't judge to harshly, though I've played lots of other Paradox games so I know the general outlay of them.

So I'm in my first game and I'm in a very large war right now and most of my trade is cut of, but I've built up a huge national stockpile of most materials. Still very many of my factories are going bankrupt because they can't get materials for their production but I have 2k of what most of them need in stockpile, but I can't find any way to give (or sell) it to them.

So where can I find this tick TC is talking about. I've got both major expansions, A House Divided and Heart of Darkness.
    They removed it with Heart of Darkness.

Which is a shame, because it was a great way to enforce monopolies on electric gear (overproduce and buy up the excess, and when you notice another country making electric gear, dump out your own stockpiles to flood the market and run the interloper out of business).

For the MotherlandVictoria II: Heart of DarknessHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors EditionEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderCities: Skylines

Please don't necro old threads...
    When I use this color, I have my moderator hat on. Forum User Agreement and Rules