Page 240 of 240 FirstFirst ... 140 165 190 215 230 238 239 240
Results 4,781 to 4,794 of 4794

Thread: Strange Screenshots

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Leviathan: WarshipsMagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuShip Simulator ExtremesThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham

Quote Originally Posted by niallmcfc View Post
    Want a tip? Take Silesia from Prussia (as Austria would have done). At least in CoE & DBZ, taking Silesia gives a nice decision to get cores and has the added bonus of being pretty much what the Austrians would have done. Then you get a later decision to crush Prussia and absorb most of Germany. Fun times.
    Taking Silesia will hurt them a lot though. It is one of their best states (although Prussia has some sort of magical power that almost always makes it able to recover).
    EUIV mods:
    Vanilla Map Rehaul: Map mod focusing on redrawing Europe without adding provinces.
    Partitionable Poland. Lets you partition Poland with its historical borders. Includes correctly shaped imperial German eastern border and Duchy of Prussia. Also for M&T

Ruler of My Little Empire niallmcfc's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaEUIV: Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by jrgen3 View Post
    Taking Silesia will hurt them a lot though. It is one of their best states (although Prussia has some sort of magical power that almost always makes it able to recover).
    Well... that is the plan... And I think Prussia's magical power is the location of the industry, in my 1901 (atm) Turkey game in CoE they have ~350 industry power in Brandenburg alone, ~250 in Pommerania etc. So with those two states alone, both of which are unlikely to fall, they've 600 score. Add prestige and it's very hard to knock them out (unless you do like I did in my Austrian restoration game and just sit on 100% until industry hits something like 4).

It's actually fairly easy to succeed as Austria, especially in CoE. Modernise the army (i.e. organise the mess they have), ditch Avant Garde tech school, get Mil techs & clergymen.
    Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.
    Sun Tzu

Idea Evolution for EUIV

MEIOU&Taxes Ex-Layabout

Happens when Russia and Italy beat up a recently Westernized China.
    The Finnish Crusade (CKII Finland)
    The Hubris of Lions (EUIV Finland)

We need Chalcedonian Christianity in 769 A.D. instead of Catholic/Orthodox split for Crusader Kings II. Copy and paste this into your signature if you agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Greenskyguy View Post

Happens when Russia and Italy beat up a recently Westernized China.
    Meh, a GP Brazil isn't strange at all. It happens quite often if you mess around in large great wars in Europe, as those typically lead to the collapse of various nations like Austria, Russia, Spain, etc, as well as keep other contenders like The Netherlands, Belgium, etc, down. Heck, it's very much possible, and really not that hard, to kick France, UK and Prussia out of GP status too but that would indeed be strange as you'll need to seriously build up some outsiders. Sounds fun to do actually, might go for it myself. Brazil is actually a solid nation to play with such a goal in mind. The end goal will be Brazil(me) at #1 obviously, which isn't that hard to do, than USA at #2(targeting the Europeans here not the US), China at #3(they will eventually Westernize and their massive pop will inevitably lead here if I drop the usual candidates out) and Japan at #4(they usually make it to rank 5 or 6 on their own with minimal player intervention so 1 more step is only natural). These will all come naturally once I start dropping the UK, France and Prussia/NGF/Germany in the rankings, the rest I'll actually have to work for, as in cultivate. There are many possibilities here. I've seen both Australia and Canada make it to GP status after forcing the UK to spit them out. If an Indian minor manages to unite India(thus have it Westernized as opposed to uncivilized if spat out of the UK) than it too would be an obvious GP. That leaves another country, which could be a European minor like Switzerland, Sweden or even something like Scotland or Ireland once the UK is broken, but if we want to go for a European free top 8 than it will require some extra work. A Westernized Egypt/Persia is probably the easiest for the player to help reach GP status, but only if they manage to Westernize and do it soon enough, preferably around the turn of the century, so there's still time for them to build up some industry and prestige to rise up in the ranks. If not than perhaps assisting Mexico retake their lands from the USA(who will stay a GP regardless).

Now that would truly be a strange screenshot, 8 GPs none of which are in Europe.

I thought we were only supposed to have one GP ally.
    Well, to be fair, Britain not too much later after dumped me and then got in a great war against me over the liberation of Bulgaria.

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Leviathan: WarshipsMagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuShip Simulator ExtremesThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham

Quote Originally Posted by Carolingian View Post
    I thought we were only supposed to have one GP ally.
    Well, to be fair, Britain not too much later after dumped me and then got in a great war against me over the liberation of Bulgaria.
    Only before great wars are discovered in 1890 (think that's the year at least). After that , they can ally as many they want.
    EUIV mods:
    Vanilla Map Rehaul: Map mod focusing on redrawing Europe without adding provinces.
    Partitionable Poland. Lets you partition Poland with its historical borders. Includes correctly shaped imperial German eastern border and Duchy of Prussia. Also for M&T

Quote Originally Posted by jrgen3 View Post
    Only before great wars are discovered in 1890 (think that's the year at least). After that , they can ally as many they want.
    That explains why I lost, yeah.

Just a small problem that I found with the nationalities.
    The Finnish Crusade (CKII Finland)
    The Hubris of Lions (EUIV Finland)

We need Chalcedonian Christianity in 769 A.D. instead of Catholic/Orthodox split for Crusader Kings II. Copy and paste this into your signature if you agree!

Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

My Frankengermany. My god what have I done?

Prussia pls

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordRise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by Aedelvice View Post

My Frankengermany. My god what have I done?

Prussia pls
    A horrible...horrible thing!

There is time to fix it however. I demand you get on that!

Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

That's my new objective. To be honest I have no idea what the fuck happened. It should have been the case that after Austria and I beat the ever-loving fuck out of Prussia and took half of the country, Austria somehow absorbed it along with a bunch of states to make super-duper-uper Germany. What I think happened though, is that somehow Prussia got up to rank seven and managed to absorb Austria, which had remained intact until I turned against them and forced the release of some Hungarian cores to check their power (they were rivalling me in my pursuit to release Italian states). Any way, Bavaria formed the SGF and a short while later, whilst I was looking at the technology screen, that monstrous grey blob formed. Whatever happened shortly after that screenshot every European great power entered into a containment war.

I've already torn Austria from it in Croatia and that Moldavia in the SE near Kebab fought it's independence war entirely on its own. Despite it's size, Germany has a pathetic military and even before the containment wars they couldn't stop Moldavia getting free.

Basically I'm gonna spend the rest of the game pulling Germany apart like the weird kid ad school pulled the legs off of spiders.

Ruler of My Little Empire niallmcfc's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaEUIV: Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Aedelvice View Post
    That's my new objective. To be honest I have no idea what the fuck happened. It should have been the case that after Austria and I beat the ever-loving fuck out of Prussia and took half of the country, Austria somehow absorbed it along with a bunch of states to make super-duper-uper Germany. What I think happened though, is that somehow Prussia got up to rank seven and managed to absorb Austria, which had remained intact until I turned against them and forced the release of some Hungarian cores to check their power (they were rivalling me in my pursuit to release Italian states). Any way, Bavaria formed the SGF and a short while later, whilst I was looking at the technology screen, that monstrous grey blob formed. Whatever happened shortly after that screenshot every European great power entered into a containment war.

I've already torn Austria from it in Croatia and that Moldavia in the SE near Kebab fought it's independence war entirely on its own. Despite it's size, Germany has a pathetic military and even before the containment wars they couldn't stop Moldavia getting free.

Basically I'm gonna spend the rest of the game pulling Germany apart like the weird kid ad school pulled the legs off of spiders.
    Word of advice: 'Liberate Country' war goals are capped at 100% war score. You can 'liberate' all of Prussia in a single war if they still have cores. Hell, you could liberate an annexed Russia in one war if you could beat up whoever took it.
    Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.
    Sun Tzu

Idea Evolution for EUIV

MEIOU&Taxes Ex-Layabout

The issue for me is that I don't want to go over 25 infamy and freeing people as opposed to liberating countries is cheaper in terms of that. Right now I'm not very popular with a lot of countries and I'm sure the moment I went to 25.1 infamy most of the world would try to contain me.